Dhagpo New Residences
Dharma at the Heart of Community Life
Life in Dhagpo’s community offers the opportunity to immerse ourselves in all three aspects of practice:
- Dharma study: by receiving a precise training from qualified teachers and become part of a continuous learning process thanks to the daily on-site curriculum.
- Meditation: by joining daily group practices and cultivating a personal meditative practice.
- Daily application : by dedicating oneself to the center’s activities and making the Dharma accessible to as many people as possible, thus testing one’s understanding of meditative study and practice.
Who is the project aimed at?
Anyone wishing to join the Institute’s curriculum by putting into practice the three aspects mentioned above can come and share this way of life over the short, medium or long term.
To be able to welcome more people interested in this authentic Buddhist path, the Institute’s residences are currently being built.
– 27 rooms of 20m² with individual bathrooms ;
– a 70 m² living area ;
– 250 m² of healthy storage space in the basement area ;
– a big garden and vegetable patch.
An Environmentally Friendly Project
The future residences aim to be energetically self-sufficient and were designed to reduce environmental impact through high performance insulation, a system to store and produce drinking water, solar panels, etc. Their construction favours the use of local companies and materials.
Support the Project!
The total cost of the project is currently being finalized.
The cost of building the foundations amounts to 1,250,000 Euros
This includes the soil survey, earthworks, excavations, framing,
rainwater harvesting tanks, etc
To support the project you can:
– Make a donation (non-eligible for tax deduction)
– Donate construction materials.
By bank transfer or cheque
Latest news about the project
Sorry, No Posts Found
The Buddha emphasized the preciousness of human existence. According to Jamgön Kongtrül Lodrö Thaye in the Torch of Certainty, five external conditions contribute to this value.
1. སངས་རྒྱས་ཤཱཀྱ་ཐུབ་པ་བྱོན། Shakyamuni Buddha appeared in this world.
2. རྒྱལ་བ་དེས་དམ་པའི་ཆོས་ཟབ་རྒྱས་གསུངས། He taught the Dharma in its depth and breadth.
3. བསྟན་པའང་མ་ནུབ་པར་གནས། His teaching has not declined but persists.
4. བསྟན་པ་དེའི་རྗེས་སུ་འཇུག་པའང་མང་། People follow him.
5. ཆོས་བྱེད་རྣམས་ལའང་སྙིང་བརྩེ་བས་ཟས་གོས་ཡོ་བྱད་སྟེར་བ། People participate with kindness and generosity in maintaining the conditions for the existence of the teaching.
Nothing is ever certain. Therefore, it is important to continue to nurture these favorable conditions–to continually create the causes for them by learning the Dharma, practicing its meditation, and applying it for our own benefit and that of others.
Support: Take Part in Beneficial Activities