« All Events
The Meeting of Generations – Seminar: Buddhism and Education
22 August 2015 - 23 August 2015
- With the participation of Lama Jigme Rinpoche -
Education is a fundamental part of life. We need to ask ourselves what values we choose to transmit to young people to help them in their development and allow them to become responsible and flourishing human beings. What can Buddhism bring to today’s youth? How can it be a concrete resource for their parents and their educators?
On the occasion of Dhagpo’s 40th Anniversary, two days will be consecrated to the theme of education and its foundational values, considered through the perspective of Buddhism. We will alternate between sharing experiences, personal accounts, and presentations of what Buddhism can offer to young people, their educators and the professionals who work with them.
This course is open to all, youth and adult alike.
– Lama Jigme Rinpoche
– Various members of the coordinating team of “Living Free,” Dhagpo’s course for adolescents
– Lama Puntso will moderate the seminar
|Saturday, August 22
||Sunday, August 23
- Introduction to the Seminar: Today’s Youth
- Lama Jigme Rinpoche: How Buddhism Can Help Youth and Their Educators?
- Courses for Adolescents and Young Adults at Dhagpo – Presentation of the Pedagogy
- “Being a Young Buddhist Today,” Personal accounts from youth and course leaders
- Round Table “Buddhism in Daily Life” – The values and resources for working with youth. Personal accounts and professional experiences in connection with children and adolescents.
- - Various workshops (meditation, physical exercises, mediation and communication)
- - Conclusion of the seminar with Lama Jigme Rinpoche